Building a successful clothing retail business requires more than creating high-quality products. In a highly competitive market such as clothing and fashion, executing a working marketing strategy is essential; without effectively targeting and appealing to a wanting audience, establishing yourself as a go-to brand becomes increasingly difficult.
Using digital retail signage software is one way to transform your current marketing strategy as a clothing retailer. Whether you are running a small boutique or a growing franchise. It comes with a proper clothing retail digital signage advertising strategy to maximize your online and offline reach as you create an unforgettable brand. A brand that leaves a lasting impression on all customers and passersby.
Setting goals for your signage marketing strategy is one of the first steps to take when developing an online campaign. First, it is important to ask the following questions as they pertain to your clothing retail store:
- Who am I targeting with my retail signage software and who is most likely to visit my store?
- How can I appeal to my target customers in a way that is relevant and in a way that resonates genuinely?
- What type of metrics will I be monitoring and tracking? To determine which signs and which strategy is most effective for my customers and target audience?
- Am I using my digital displays to promote current offerings and discounts? Or am I trying to garner email subscribers and followers? What are the main goals I have in mind for my signage campaign?
- How long do I intend to showcase each of the individual signs I used to advertise products or promote my business and brand in-store?
- What type of tools or software do I intend to use to help with tracking and monitoring the data, analytics? And the results I receive from each digital campaign I launch using signage?
You are launching a digital marketing strategy, one that combines both offline and online marketing tactics. It is important to define which measurables are most important to you. Define your KPIs or Key Performance Indicators for each of the electronic signage campaigns you have in mind before launching them live and collecting data in-store and online.
Consider your goals as well as the achievements you would like to reach with each of your campaigns, along with any budget you have set aside for the individual campaigns themselves. By setting goals and defining measurables, you can streamline your electronic signage marketing strategy. Hence, they ensure you are always maximizing your reach and appealing to the widest audience possible, both online and off.
Popular Clothing Retail Marketing Strategies
Clothing retailers use various online and offline marketing strategies to promote their business, brand, and inventory. The more familiar you become with standard clothing retail advertising strategies and campaigns, the more likely you will feel comfortable when devising your very own digital retail signage marketing strategy.
Website and Social Media Presence
Developing an online presence is a must for any successful clothing retail store or fashion brand today, especially in such a highly competitive and saturated market. Clothing retailers understand that to be taken seriously in today’s eCommerce and fashion industries, an online presence is imperative.
Launch an official website, blog, and social media presence for your clothing retail store and brand. Use the same brand name across all social media platforms and online channels, including websites. It can help with boosting your site’s SEO or search engine optimization.
SEO is used to boost a website or brand’s overall ranking within top search engines such as Google, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo!, and Bing. The more optimized your website and online presence is, the more likely your website’s URL appears within the first pages of top search engine results.
Having an established online presence can significantly help with a digital signage marketing strategy. This is especially if one of your goals is to appeal to those in your store and attract or garner a following from paying customers or those who visit your store in-person.
Use your online social media presence and website to effectively communicate and connect with your audience of followers and customers. Create a posting schedule to boost engagement and garner a following while getting to know more about your users’ wants and needs. Gathering input and comments from your users can also help point you in the right direction for future electronic signage marketing strategies right for your clothing retailer.
Influencer Marketing Tactics
Many traditional clothing retailers have turned to use influencer marketing to maximize their online and offline reach. Using influencer promotion is also possible with the use of digital signage.
Influencer marketing provides an opportunity to work with an individual or specific brand that has amassed its own following online. And this influence is hugely thanks to the use of social media. Today, many brands and marketers turn to influential Instagram, Youtube, and Tiktok influencers to help promote and endorse their brands and products.
Digital signage provides a great opportunity to implement influencer marketing by using videos and graphical promotional material. Working together influencer marketing with your electronic display strategy is another way to combine offline traditional retail strategies with digital advertising strategies that are typically reserved for social media strategists and marketers in the field.
How Retail and Online Marketing Can Be Combined and Integrated With NexSigns
Traditional clothing retail marketing tactics and online advertising tactics go hand-in-hand with launching digital signs for any clothing or fashion brand. Using both online and offline retail market strategies helps maximize your reach and brand visibility. Brand visibility is significant for those just entering and breaking into the fashion world for the first time.
The Benefits of Combining Traditional Retail Marketing and Digital Signage for Clothing Retail
Combining traditional retail marketing (both online and off) and digital signage marketing provides an array of benefits for any clothing retailer. Some of the most notable benefits of combining traditional and signage marketing include:
- Maximize Visibility. Using online and offline marketing tactics, maximize your clothing retailer’s reach and overall visibility.
- Leave a Lasting Impression. Combining digital signage advertising tactics and traditional retail tactics can help you to establish your brand as an authoritative source in less time.
- Stay Up-to-Date With Modern Trends. Combining the latest offline and online retail marketing strategies will make your clothing retail stay ahead of the curve.
- In-Depth Data and Analytics. Receive in-depth analytics and reporting for your launch’s digital campaigns depending on your preferred and chosen software. Use in-depth analytics to learn more about your current customers and the overall engagement you receive online, social media, and even in-store based on individual digital signage campaigns you have launched.
It is imperative for any retail marketer, manager, or entrepreneur today to understand combined strategies. This includes understanding traditional clothing retail market strategies combined with digital marketing strategies such as signage displays. When you understand the benefits of using digital signs in your retail storefront, future marketing opportunities become virtually endless.