Digital signage is rapidly changing the face of the retail shopping experience. Retail businesses are incorporating digital signage, such as LCD screens, video walls, and interactive kiosks, throughout their retail spaces. Retail digital signage allow businesses to display dynamic content that informs, engages, entertains, and influences shoppers.
Continue reading to learn about 7 benefits of digital signage for retail environments that are sure to impress even the most skeptical of business owners:
1. Keep Customers Engaged
Digital signage provides opportunities for retail establishments to increase customer engagement. Unlike traditional static signs, retail digital displays can display eye-catching content that better captures the attention of shoppers.
This can include product videos, promotional offers, social media feeds, and interactive displays that encourage shoppers to interact with the brand. When surveyed, 63% of shoppers said that digital signage catches their attention when visiting brick-and-mortar stores.
Since retail digital signage are relatively low cost, businesses can easily take advantage of the upside by adding in-store signage. By leveraging the power of digital displays, retailers can create an immersive and interactive shopping experience that sets them apart from their competitors.
2. Improve Customer Experience
Digital retail merchandising signs don’t just improve customer engagement. They also improve the overall customer experience. Retail digital signage can be used to provide shoppers with relevant and personalized information about products, services, and promotions. For example, a digital display in a clothing store can show a video of models wearing new seasons’ outfits with strong branding messages to capture the attention of passersby. You can also add limited time offers to give people an incentive to visit the store.
Digital signage can also be used to provide wayfinding and directions, especially in large retail spaces. Interactive kiosks can help shoppers navigate the store, find the product they are looking for, and get real-time information about availability and pricing.
By integrating retail digital signage into the shopping experience, businesses can help customers shop more efficiently.
3. Enhance Brand Awareness
What is brand awareness? Brand awareness is the extent to which customers recognize a product/service by its brand. Creating brand awareness is important as it will help business to generate more sales or bring an older brand back to life with a new reputation.
What better way to engrain your brand into the minds of shoppers than with digital displays? In fact, 84% of store owners have reported that retail digital signage increases brand awareness more than traditional signage.
Ideally, you will want to make sure to tailor your brand experience to what your customers want. For example, you can consider having digital signs as part of the window display or at the store entrance to ensure maximum exposure. With the digital screens, you can showcase the brand’s latest products with memorable business catch phrases or strong messages to deliver your brand’s value proposition and build trust. Retailers can also use digital signage to motivate and promote partnerships and collaborations with other brands, further enhancing the brand’s visibility, reaching new customers, and generating more sales.
4. Exceptionally Cost-Effective
Digital signage is also a cost-effective tool for business operation. Compared to traditional print ads and billboards, digital signage is more flexible, adaptable, and affordable in many ways:
- Catch Attention & Spark Interests – Unlike traditional static signs, retail digital signage allows businesses to include bold graphics, branded designs, and vivid product photography to capture people’s attention and encourage purchases.
- Stay Competitive – Say goodbye to all the delays that come with printed signs. With a cloud-based content management system, businesses can now make any update whenever they wish to do so. Any update you make will appear on the displays across all your selected locations with minimal delays. This will allow businesses to make any changes based on real-time data and adjust campaigns differently to capture as many opportunities as possible.
- Peace of Mind – Made an unexpected pricing error or typo? No problem. With digital signage, businesses can easily update the content without the need for costly and time-consuming reprinting. With just a few clicks of buttons, the new content will be published to all selected displays across multiple locations with minimal delays.
- Plan in Advance – With the right digital signage solution, businesses can now develop promotional materials ahead of time and schedule campaigns in advance. The digital displays will be updated automatically when the time comes.
- No Rental Fee – Once the digital signage is installed, retailers can easily update and change the content as needed. And there is no need to pay to ‘rent’ billboard or ad space because the business owns the displays.
5. Raise Overall Sales
One of the most compelling ways that retail digital signage can benefit stores is by increasing sales. When businesses incorporate new methods that improve the core customer experience and extend the brand’s reach, this translates to more sales.
Retailers can implement the following store signage ideas to alleviate some of the decision-making and other barriers in retail shopping to help get customers to the register line:
- Wayfinding Digital Signage – Placing clear directional signage throughout the mall helps customers navigate to different stores easily and find the products/services they are looking for quickly.
- Product Information Signage – Displaying product information via digital displays or shelf-edge displays next to key products highlights special offers and benefits to help customers make informed purchasing decisions.
- In-store Promotional Signage – Displaying in-store promotions, such as sales or special deals, on signage throughout the store to encourage customers to make timely or impulsive purchases.
- Call-to-Action Signage – Using call-to-action signage encourages customers to take specific actions, such as signing up for a loyalty program or participating in limited-time sales.
- Queue management signage – Use queue management signage to direct customers to the register line, keep them entertained to reduce perceived wait time, and helps them move through the checkout process quickly and efficiently.
6. Greater Upselling Opportunities
Digital displays provide store owners with an excellent opportunity to upsell related products or services to customers while they browse the store. By displaying content related to the items customers are viewing, retailers can encourage customers to consider additional purchases, which can lead to increased sales and revenue.
For example, a retailer selling skincare products might display digital signage promoting complementary products, such as facial masks or toners, to customers browsing moisturizers. Similarly, a retailer selling sporting goods might use digital signage to promote season-related products, such as snowboards or skills, to customers browsing winter jackets.
By promoting similar or related products to the customers, businesses can ensure that their products receive the most optimal exposure to motivate customers to make additional purchases.
7. Foster Loyalty & Connection
Digital signage provides retailers with a valuable opportunity to incorporate social media, membership programs, newsletter, and more into their stores. Here are some ways that digital signage can help retailers foster customers’ loyalty and build better connections:
- Promote Membership Perks – Provide incentive, such as 10% off all purchases, to invite in-store and potential customers to join the membership programs. Share membership perks, exclusive members’ rewards, and more to attract people to join.
- Invite Customer to Join Email Newsletter – Retail stores, such as Banana Republic, often offer a discount at the cashier to motivate people to join their email newsletter. Display QR codes on the displays to make the sign-up process easier so customers are more inclined to sign up and take advantage of the offer.
- Display social media feeds – Business owners can display their social media feeds on digital signage screens throughout the store, showcasing their latest posts and introducing their brand ambassadors to encourage customers’ engagement. This not only can help build a stronger connection between the retailer and its customers, but also ensure the brand receives a better online presence and leads to increased brand loyalty and engagement.
Add Value with Retail Digital Signage
Digital signage is an incredibly valuable tool for retailers because it offers a wide range of benefits, from improved customer experience and enhanced brand awareness to increased sales and cost-effective marketing. By leveraging the power of digital displays, retailers can create an immersive and personalized shopping experience that attracts and retains customers in a way print ads can’t.